Having the carpet in your home professionally cleaned eliminates trapped pollutants such as pet dander and everyday dirt and dust. It can also clear out dust mite infestations or cockroach allergens.
Sure, you could do it yourself, but is it worth the hassle of renting the equipment and buying the chemicals, lugging heavy machinery — all at the risk of ruining your carpeting? Improper chemical mixtures, mistreating stains and saturating your carpet with water are all hazards that a professional carpet cleaner can help you avoid.
Getting your home’s carpets professionally cleaned can not only preserve your floor covering, but part of the joy of hiring a professional is having someone else do the dirty work!
Before the carpet cleaner arrives, there are a couple of things you should be aware of:
- The front door will be left open so watch your kids and pets.
- Keep pets and children away from the equipment and hoses while cleaning.
- You can walk on the carpet before it dries. Make sure feet are clean. Wear booties if possible. Be careful: walking from the wet carpet to the tile can be slippery.
- Carpets take approximately 6-8 hours in moist climate and 4-6 hours in dry climate.
- The E.P.A. and Shaw Industries recommends cleaning your carpet every 6 months, more or less, depending on people in the household, children and pets and outdoor environment.
- The cleaning solutions are bio degradable and environmentally friendly.